Friday, April 2, 2010

Same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Hmm... I'm in the mood to watch cartoons. But not new cartoons - the old ones I used to watch. Just to see how different they'd seem now that I know more. Speaking of old cartoons, a few weeks ago we had a question about the Animaniacs at trivia. (What was their last name?) We got it on a guess; a very clever guess at that.

So I'm writing this while I eat, as part of my lunch break. So I still work from home, but we've decided that I'll go in once to twice a week to show the progress and get feedback. That's good for me, because I can concentrate better here, and I don't have to commute every day. I did go out there (to Kennesaw) on Tuesday afternoon, because I had a lot of questions, and I wanted to see the mock up they've made. Got most of my questions answered so I can work now (yay!), and got to see the container that they had partly built out. It was really cool. They hadn't finished it, mainly because they did it to see if what works in theory, really works. They're thinking about changing the floor material because it's not very water resistant (just plywood currently). He's hoping in a month or so that they'll be able to fully build out one of the single container houses. Which would be awesome :-) And I got my first check as I was about to leave (in advanced I guess, b/c I hadn't really done much by then), so yay!

Paid the rent ON TIME this month, but our new lease started so we had to pay more anyway :-P Had a little sadness episode on Wednesday as a worked because I got the invitation on FB to Tracey's going away party. And I was working on Sketch Up (which we used to do a lot on the couch, and I haven't really done any architecture stuff since we lived together) and listening to the music that I got from her (that we would blare when Sonal wasn't there to yell at us :-P). So it just kind of made the perfect moment for it to sink in that she's moving like so far away (Albany, NY), and I already barely get to see her - only twice, once at my wedding (so it doesn't really count) and on New Years. Talked to my mom and cried a little about it because I felt like it deserved it. I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if Andrew wasn't going with her - because then it would be like, well she has to come back because of Andrew at least. Ah well. But I'm so happy for her! And now that I've given it the proper amount of tears, it's okay :-) Don't ask me how it works, it just does. Besides, this gives me more incentive to make that road trip real! Especially if Sonia ends up at Columbia or Brown, she's basically told me that the reason she'd go there is to see my family more - so in that case, I guess I have no choice :-P

I found out from my online banking that everyone (Gwinnett Tech, Clemson, Greenville Tech, and College Board/AP Exams) has cashed their checks so those transcripts all better make it to my application and everything better be hunky-dory. And last weekend we took Rasha and went for a long walk on this hiking/walking trail that's on Emory's campus. It was really amazing, in that it felt like we were in the woods, away from the city, but the whole time we were really only about ten minutes from downtown Atlanta. Talk about weird. But I took a lot of pictures for fun and hopefully I'll have time to sort through them and put them up on Flickr or Picasa or something.

Anyway, enough for now. Time to try to take over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment